Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Looking Forward: January


HAPPY (BELATED) NEW YEAR! Oh, blog. How I've missed you, blog and delightful blog readers. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and and are not too terribly disappointed to be forced at knifepoint, kicking and screaming, out of your candy cane comas and into the harsh and blistering frozen tundra that is the unforgiving reality of a new year filled with thorny new problems and failed resolutions and...oh, I lost that rosy January 1st optimism very fast, didn't I? Blame my wicked cold. It has conquered my brain.

Anyway. It's January! A very epic January for book releases. Like, utterly epic to the point of being overwhelming and intimidating and oh god my wallet weeps. Without further ado, these are the January releases that I, personally, am most looking forward to!

January 5th




Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley
It's a fantasy historical about THE BRONTE SIBLINGS

This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
Apparently this book is both excellent and sob central

Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
I hear nothing but raves about this edgy read about Important Things

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
TIME TRAVEL ROMANTICAL ACTIONS

The Imposter Queen by Sarah Fine
This is one of only two books on this list that I've read, and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. My review should be going up tomorrow (theoretically, anyway)

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
The other book I've read! Or at least, I'm reading it know. High fantasy awesomeness.

Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake
THEY JUMP FROM LIBARY TO LIBRARY. No, i don't know how it works. No, I don't super care.

Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard
Heyyyy, more Red Queen stuffs!

January 6th



The Proposal (Mediator #6.5) by Meg Cabot
I've been in love with Jesse de Silva since I was about thirteen and oh my god he and Suze are returning to my life and I'm all emotional

January 12th



Bookishly Every After by Isabel Bandeira
I think this book is about us tbh

Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker
Yasss that title pretty much says it all

January 19th



We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
Alien abductions + cute boys in maybe love

Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan
I never say no to high fantasy

Up to This Pointe by Jennifer Longo
I HEAR THE BEST THINGS ABOUT THIS AND THE COVER IS SO CUTE I MELT (unlike Antarctica) (had dee har)

January 26th



Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace
This book is supposed to be creeptastic and the business, basically

The Year We Fell Apart by Emily Martin
I don't normally freak out about contemporary as much as things with DRAGONS but gah this looks amazing

The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
This book is super buzzy and I super want it. I don't quite know what it's about--parallel...worlds? Native American myths? Love splitting worlds? Probably--but I wants it.

The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
Regency Era + DEMONS + magic = IT WAS MADE FOR ME

The Siren by Kiera Cass
I have a problem.


9 comments:

  1. There are so many books being released this month that I don't know how am I going to do it xDThank for the info ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG these look amazing. But I have a couple of years of books to catch up on before I can start on these goodies!!! Thanks for the great list. Christina @ Ensconced in Lit http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books...so little time! Can't wait for some of these, especially Firsts and Passenger! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh so many books to read! And they all look so gorgeous ! WE ARE THE ANTS looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to all the books! So many pretties! OMG, I had not heard of that library jumpers one before, sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2016 HAS AMAZING BOOKS. SQUEE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Gillian. <3 I hope this year will be all kinds of amazing for you :D And yay for so many books out this month. I'm the most excited for The Dark Days Club. Happy reading sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have a problem when it comes to Keira Cass. I read the Siren when it was self-pub though and from what I remember, I actually really liked it. Who knows what will happen with this re-vamp though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)