Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Looking Forward: November



HAPPY NOVEMBER! I love November. I always feel more productive in November, be it the cool(ish, here in Los Angeles) weather coupled with big hot cups of coffee, or the arrival of NaNoWriMo, aka National Novel Writing month, which I partake in every year. Though ever November, I feel that panic that OMG THE YEAR IS ALMOST OVER HOW WHAT SO MUCH TO DO I'VE DONE SO LITTLE OH GOD I NEED A PAPER BAG TO BREATHE INTO

Sometimes it's really hard for me to keep track of what comes out what month, especially while juggling early reviews and publisher catalogues and all the other confusing bookish things bloggers deal with. It's just a LOT OF BOOKS ALL THE TIME. How do you ever keep them straight?! So on the last day of the month, I post a guide to what books I'm most looking forward to in the following month and that you should keep an eye on. So, since it's now NOVEMBER, here are the October releases most tempting me.

Book of the month:



November 12th
Winter by Marissa Meyer
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

November 3rd



The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
Published as Night Owls in the UK

Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young
Haunted hotels! This kind of reminds me of the Tower of Terror ride at Disneyland.

Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins
TIME TRAVEL ROMANCE

All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I haven't read anything in The Naturals series, but I love JLB and The Fixer so much that I felt compelled to give this a shout-out

Cam Girl by Leah Raeder
Girls in love + genderqueer romance = eeeeee

Neverseen by Shannon Messenger
Never, ever will I quit this middle grade elf love quadrangle

Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
Imagine a world where your destiny has already been decided...by your future self.
I like it.

Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
I can't EVEN with that cover

November 10th




Soundless by Richelle Mead
Richelle is an auto-buy author for me and LOOK AT THAT COVER

For the Record by Charlotte Huang
This might be the book I'm second most excited for this month. I looooove YA books about musicians and touring and romance

Da Vinci's Tiger by LM Elliott
The world needs more historicals, and this is set in Renaissance Florence, in a world of artists and patrons and muses. Though UGH I miss the original cover!

Hello? by Liza M. Weimer
Liza's a lovely veteran blogger, and her book is coming out this month! It is very exciting.

November 17th



Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler
Also a loverly blogger-type person, but word on the street is that this friendship story is Dahlia's best yet, and after loving Under the Lights, this makes me VAIR VAIR AMPED

November 19th

The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May (UK only)
The long awaited sequel to The Falconer, but it's only coming out in the UK (the US one comes out in JUNE!!!!), and woe is me alas and alack TVT is like $25 on the Book Depository and everything is terrible

November 24th



Queen by Aimee Carter
The last book in the Blackout Rebellion trilogy, after Pawn and Captive, which I really enjoyed.

1 comment:

  1. WINTER!! I'm definitely looking forward to that one the most. The Ten Thousand Skies Above You cover kinda makes me forget that I DNFed the first book. I'm actually kinda sad that I won't be reading that pretty sequel. :( Hello? has been catching my eye a lot, so I may have to read that one! Cam Girl and Just Visiting are absolute must reads for me this month. Soundless is one I'll probably get to as well. :)

    Good luck in NaNoWriMo!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)