Thursday, September 19, 2013
An Ode to Hermione Granger (And a Magical Giveaway)
Today, September 19, is Hermione Granger's birthday. (It is also the day I hit 100,000 pageviews, but we should focus on Hermione). Most kids who grew up reading Harry Potter, like I did, wanted to be Hermione. I was a lot like her when I was younger. I really loved books and reading, and sometimes I was a huge know-it-all. All those things are still true today. Also true today? Hermione is still completely, totally awesome.
17 reasons why I love Hermione Granger and want to be her when I grow up:
1. She doesn't let twitchy little ferrets like Malfoy walk all over her.
2. She's the voice of the compassion in the series, and is the only one willing to voice things that other wizards wouldn't dare (S.P.E.W.!)
3. She has no patience for the idiocy of mankind.
4. She always willing to teach those with less brain power a lesson. Which is everybody.
5. She's a bit close-minded and didactic at times, but she learns to change her mind.
6. She gives epic bitchface.
7. She can swoon with the best of us.
8. She gives absolutely withering insults.
9. She's absolutely brilliant, and works hard to define herself by her brain.
10. She totally stresses out about school.
11. She finds boys just as confusing as I do (though she gives great relationship advice).
12. She will take you down a peg or twelve if need be.
13. She's a deeply loyal friend.
14. Despite the fact that she's brilliant, she's also insecure.
15. She saves the day, like, every day.
16. She's willing to sacrifice anything for her friends.
17. Because they're stronger together than they are apart.
I just love how real of a character Hermione is, so strong and so vulnerable at the same time. She care immensely what people think of her, and yet, despite that fear of being rejected, she continues to be herself-- even when herself is irritating, swotty, and meddlesome. Plus, she's semi-based on young J.K. Rowling herself. So. Obviously she's the best.
In celebration of Hermione's birthday, and my own blogoversary month, I'm giving away ONE HARRY POTTER SPECIAL EDITION PAPERBACK. Not once boxed set, mind you. Just one book. But you can choose ANY BOOK YOU LIKE! This giveaway is international.
a Rafflecopter giveaway