Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Book Haul, or the One with the Happy Haul-idays!




WOO pun titles ftw! Happy holidays, everybody! Happy winter, Christmas, Chanukah, Festivus, Chrismukkah, Kwanzaa, and any and all holidays or non-holidays you celebrate! Happy Saturday, aka the high holiest of days!

I originally filmed a vlog because this is a particularly EPIC haul that deserves documentation in video form, but my camera decided to be a major Grinch and film without sound (or maybe it was tired of hearing me shriek over the AWESOME BOOKS and just gave up living). So we're going with regular old pictures today for my first book haul in about a month.


For review:

From Bloomsbury:

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen


DOUBLE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

From Harper via Edelweiss:

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1413575955l/23161323.jpghttp://d.gr-assets.com/books/1414589813l/13132816.jpghttp://d.gr-assets.com/books/1414610433l/23361172.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhfnRoKsvKggdUToBRhy2Eq7PTMWIzxFngOne1YL4-I_sR8HRUTZi0nxgImLIiAI20cKQdSjBy5I1Z9QYMy5VGWNp3F-RtYe_I124fZkX5wvyh5nDYAMHITmn2VvoKCfbJgfJ9GWV9EOg8r/s1600/BTNotesHC_reveal.jpeghttp://d.gr-assets.com/books/1412947397l/23287168.jpg
http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1414610102l/17852690.jpghttp://d.gr-assets.com/books/1418076719l/23287156.jpghttp://d.gr-assets.com/books/1418074739l/23361053.jpg

Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton
Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway
Paperweight by Meg Haston
Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat
The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
The Leveller by Julia Durango
The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen
Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom

From Simon & Schuster via Edelweiss:

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1398171444l/18488433.jpghttp://d.gr-assets.com/books/1417270356l/22457410.jpg

The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace
Anastasia and Her Sisters by Carolyn Meyer

ARCumulations, purchases, and gifts:

 

Purchased:

Blythewood by Carol Goodman
Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan

ARCumulations:

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes
Dove Arising by Karen Bao
Woven by Michael Jensen and David Powers King
All Fall Down by Ally Carter

GIFTS!

From Shae of Shae Has Left the Room:

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods by Rick Riordan

From Carla: 

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord

From Amy of Tripping Over Books aka my TBTB Secret Santa:

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
Jane Austen Cover to Cover by Margaret C. Sullivan 
The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

9 comments:

  1. WOW, Gillian! This is an EPIC haul! That's so exciting that you got a Court of Thorns and Roses - I hope you enjoy it! I really want to read Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods, The Conspiracy of Us and Cruel Beauty.

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My STS Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooohoooo!! What an awesome haul Gillian!!

    Enjoy all the new books!! Darn that camera, I would have loved to hear your exclamations of joy at the books, cause they are worth being exclaimed for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is an awesome haul. So many great books there. I am SO EXCITED for A Court of Thorns and Roses. I NEED IT RIGHT NOW. I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous that you have Lion Heart. I read Lady Thief immediately after it came out and instantly regretted it because I then had to wait another year for the final book and I NEED IT IN MY LIFE NOW! I hope you enjoy it! Looks like you have lots of awesome books to dive into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great books this week!! I've been wanting to read the Scarlet series for awhile now, and I think that since the last book is coming out within the next few months I'll finally start it. And a Court of Thorns and Roses?! AH. Stop. Cannot wait to hear what you think of all these books.

    - Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, I have Emmy and Oliver, too. I'm really excited to read that one. And I really need to read those A.C. Gaughen books. I love Robin Hood so I don't know what I've been dragging my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays!!! I hope you had an awesome holiday. You sure have an epic book haul this week :) I'm excited for A Court of Thorns and Roses, The Orphan Queen, The Walls Around Us, Emmy & Oliver and The Night We Said Yes. Cannot wait to hear what you think of all these books. I hope you have a great Happy New Year xoxo
    Helena @Book Nerd Addicts

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done most excellent punning. Also, you CLEANED UP. DAMN.

    And I mean cleaned in the not organized way, because we know how we roll.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please please please please read The Walls Around Us so I have someone to fangirl with! SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)