Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Book Haul, or the First One in a Looooooong Time





Yayyy, book hauls! I missed doing these. I haven't done one of these in aaaages, since way before ALA. I had been planning to do one for ALA, but I got SO. MANY. BOOKS. that the idea of linking them all and typing them up was intensely stressful, so I ended up not doing one, and then weeks passed and lo, no book hauls. And yet I was getting books, so I really I was just being a big lazy fail.  (If you are interested in what my ALA book haul was, I Instagrammed my haul here and here.)

Rather than list every book I've bought/been given/received for review in the interim, I'll hit the recent highlights. Because it's been a lot and, erm, I've forgotten. Also I've been very busy GETTING SHELVES and moving the cumbersome contents of my beastly book Himalayas into them after PUTTING THEM TOGETHER MYSELF which is frankly beyond my skillset so it took a lot of effort and swearing and coffee...my point being, all my books are newly organized so it's even harder now to remember which are new.

ANYWAY. BOOKS.

For review:

From Bloomsbury:

A photo posted by Gillian Berry (@mizgillianberry) on

Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
Shadows of Sherwood by Kekla Magoon

From Penguin:
 
A video posted by Gillian Berry (@mizgillianberry) on

A finished copy of An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir PLUS A SWORD Okay, it's a letter opener, really, but I HAVE A SWORD FEAR MY WRATH (remind me to tell you guys about the time I was seven and my brother accidentally stabbed me in the mouth with a letter opener when we were pretend dueling) (or does it suddenly become actual dueling when one of you draws blood?)

22504700

The Mad Apprentice by Django Wexler, sequel to The Forbidden Library

EARLY BIRTHDAY PRESENTS!!!!

From Gaby the Grand and from Debby the Darling:


The mug is from Gaby, and Debby got me Boomerang by Noelle August and The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, neither of which I've read. THANK YOU LOVERLIES <33

from Edelweiss:

2200938424338298
2446551824885790

From Sky Pony Press:

The Edge of Forever by Melissa E. Hurst

From Harlequin:

Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid

From Simon & Schuster:

Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty
Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young

WHEW.

6 comments:

  1. YAY :D So much amazing Gillian. <3 I am all kinds of jealous of the box, with the gorgeous dagger/sword inside :D WAAANTS IT so badly. You are so awesome for getting it :D And yay for Silver in the Blood! So curious about that one :) I hope you'll love all these books. <3 Happy reading sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sky is Everywhere is AMAZING! Never Always Sometimes and Hotel Ruby looks absolutely fantastic - just added them to my TBR pile.

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My STS Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...I'm so jealous of that finished Ember box thing. I love that book so much and can't wait for my pre-order. The FC looks BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait!! I hear you...I get stressed with the idea of linking and all so I don't bother :-/ I just snap a picture of all the books in a pile and call it a day. I am lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That package from Penguin is legitimately awesome! I really liked An Ember In The Ashes.

    ALSO SILVER IN THE BLOOD! I got that too and am so pumped for it.

    Also? Gaby's and Debbie's present to you is full of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *stares* If I totally steal your idea on how to keep up with my hauls for the end of the month, would you still love me? And that package for Ember in the Ashes - OMG LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU'RE WELCOME GILLY BEAN. HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :) ♥

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)