Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Shippy Awards: Finalist Voting Rounds!


IT'S HERE! Over the last two weeks, tons of you nominated your favorite OTPs (and NOTPs) for the Shippy Awards, the ultimate battle for ship dominance! Now the nominees who garnered the most votes have gone onto this, the voting round, and now YOU can vote to choose which ships will reign supreme! (To learn more about each category, read this post!)

Only books published in the 2015 calendar year were eligible. Voting will remain open for ONE WEEK, meaning I'll be closing the polls at midnight PST on Sunday, December 20th! The winners will be announced shortly after.

And now... vote away!



ULTIMATE SHIP HONORS

Best Ship of the Year




Runners up: Scarlet/Wolf from Winter, Agnieszka and the Dragon from Uprooted, Arin/Kestrel from The Winner’s Crime

Shippiest Book




Runner up: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (it was ONE VOTE OFF! The bottom three ships in this race all had the exact same number of votes. That’s why the category is so large, because it was cloooose)

Best Author of Ships




Runners up: Richelle Mead, Miranda Kenneally, Jennifer Armentrout

Best Debut Ship 




Runners up: Olly/Maddie from Everything, Everything, which seems to be the bridesmaid of this awards show, both Elias/Helene and Elias/Laia from An Ember in the Ashes which is a tiny bit hilarious

Best LGBTQ+ Ship




No runners up, because honestly, this category wasn’t even remotely close. Take care to vote for the correct Simon! I lost years off my life trying to determine if a vote was for Simon/Baz or Simon/Blue. May the person who voted simply for “Bimon” step on a thousand legos.

What Makes a Ship

Hottest Hook Up




Runners up: Under the Lights by Dahlia Adler, The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh, End of Days by Susan Ee

Note: I didn’t list the ships, only the books, for this category in order to avoid explicit (hee) spoilers.

Best Kiss




Runners up: Carry On, I’ll Meet You There, End of Days, The Wrath and the Dawn

Note: I didn’t list the ships for this category in order to avoid explicit spoilers. The exception is for he two ships from Winter so you could differentiate.

Tropes

Best “I Hate Your Face But Also I Want to Smash It Against Mine”




Runners up: Ezra/Kady from Illuminae, Feyre/Tamlin from ACOTAR, Alex/Miles from Made You Up, Emily/Oz from Nowhere But Here, and my personal favorite, Bellarke, which I sadly couldn’t bring myself to count but I dearly wish I could.

Best "Friends to Lovers"




Runners up: Maddie/Olly from Everything, Everything (AGAIN, poor ship), Skylar/Josh from I’ll Meet You There, and, wonderfully, Bellarke again. ONLY A TRULY MAGICAL SHIP CAN BE BOTH HATE TO LOVE AND FRIENDS TO LOVERS, OKAY. Ahem. Where were we?

Best "Yay for a Triangle That Doesn't Suck"



Runners up: The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow, Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman, Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas

Best Forbidden Romance




Runners up: More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera, The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne, Winter/Jacin from Winter by Marissa Meyer

Best "JUST KISS ALREADY"




All of Leigh Bardugo’s ships need to start making out furiously and promptly PLEASE. (My personal favorite nomination was “BELLARKE THOUGH”)

Genres

Best Fantasy Ship




No runners up, because this category was extreeeemely close and one of the most voted in categories.

I think the best thing about these awards if that I now know how to spell Agnieszka without thinking because I’ve typed it approximately 30 billion times over the last two weeks.

Best Contemporary Ship




Runners up: The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West, Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and I’M REALLY STARTING TO FEEL BAD FOR THIS SHIP AT THIS POINT, Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler, Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

Best Paranormal Ship




Runners up: Evie/Jericho from Lair of Dreams and Sam/Evie from Lair of Dreams. YOU GUYS WERE TOO DIVIDED.

BLESS INFINITELY THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR BEAU/EDYTHE. BLESS YOU INFINITELY.

Best Science Fiction Ship




Runners up: Greta/Xie from The Scorpion Rules, Marguerite/Paul from Ten Thousand Skies Above You. But to say this category was pretty well dominated by two books would be an understatement. It was not remotely close. (A few simply answered Winter and that’s less than helpful as you can see)

Best Historical Ship




No runners up, since this was a very tight category, but my favorite answer was definitely Hamilton/Burr.

Fun With Ships

Most Un-Ship




Ooo, Sarah J. Maas, you are divisive.

Runners up: Anne/Henry from Anne and Henry, Alyssa/Jeb from Ensnared, and my personal favorite, Finn Collins/existence.

Best Crackship




One voter called Dorian/Chaol “the Stucky of the YA world” and that just does things to me right where I live. (Aelin/Aedion, on the other hand…not so much)

No runners up, because this category had such a WILDLY ENTERTAINING VARIETY OF ANSWERS. I listed my favorite answers here on Twitter, but one I didn’t mention was the vote for Bellarke/happiness, which is so unlikely to occur that it does, indeed, venture into the realm of crackshipping. *sobs*

Best Friendship




Best YA Adaptation Ship




You cannot in any way PROVE I skewed these results so they came out 99% Bellarke. Nope. You can’t. You also can't prove I'm trying to manipulate you with a picture of The Hug (and Biceps look at the Biceps LOOK AT THE PRETTY PERSUASIVE BICEPS)

Runners up: Alec/Magnus from Shadowhunters, which I can’t technically count because it hasn’t premiered yet.


Whew! *collapses* Now remember, this is clearly a VERY IMPORTANT award, right up there with all the fancy national medal-y sticker-on-cover awards, so vote carefully. Because the winners get both a lifetime of bragging rights and THIS MADE UP TROPHY* TO DISPLAY WITH PRIDE:



*picture of a made up trophy

Thanks for voting! May you have a very shiptastic holidays.

9 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA I completely misunderstood the YA Adaptation Ship question the first time as what book you want to see become a YA Adaptation because of the ships, which in retrospect makes no sense, and now I'm just trying to imagine how dumb my answer sounded. Also feeling considerably less proud of all the non-contemp I've read this year since I've read zero of the finalists in Paranormal, Sci-Fi, and Historical. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to do horrible things if my ship doesn't win hottest hookup. *stares*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voting was so hard!!! Choosing just one ship for certain categories was torture Gillian!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iko/Cinder simply HAVE TO WIN.
    Also, all the yes to the ship from Six of Crows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great ships! I love seeing Wattscroft over and over. My shippy little heart is happy. Can't wait to see the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many of my ships that I loved from this year made it onto this list. Some of these are Simon/Blue, Max/Paige, Emmy/Oliver. Some of these categories were so hard to vote on because they had multiple of my favorite ships. And I realized I haven't read much non-contemp since I hadn't read any of the books in those categories. Also, my favorite friendship made it (which is Reagan/Victoria) and I'm really hoping that will win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh. <3 You are amazing Gillian :D This is SO AWESOME! Except.. I wanted to vote for a lot of these books and characters. Sigh. I might have ended up voting Simon and Baz A LOT of times, lol :D That book was just the best. Sniffs. So swoony too ;) Anyway. Thank you for doing this sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so stressful and fun at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was SO GREAT. I'm glad you put it together! Also Finn Collins/existence. <--forever cackling.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)