Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Top Ten Books About Friendship

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

I love books about friendships, which is why it's weird that I don't read that many. Well, that's not entirely accurate. I love to read books that feature strong friendships, but I don't usually reach for the contemporaries that are centered solely around friendship. Anyway, here are some of my favorite books about or featuring strong friendships.



Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Anne Shirley and Diana Barry, bosom friends for life!

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Code Name Sobbity.

Dark Star by Bethany Frenette
This such such a great under the radar book. The friendship between Audrey, Gideon, and Tink is so strong and real.

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
The call them the Golden Trio for a reason. In the end, friendship and love are the only way to trump evil. And then there's the Marauders, which omg I'm already in tears.

The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
I LOVE THE FRIENDSHIPS IN THIS SERIES SO MUCH. The way they all come through for each other, and every single thing about Percabeth, and Tyson, and Grover, and feeeeels.

Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan and Justine Larbaliester
Sisters before vampire misters! Mel will do whatever it takes to help her friend Anna and keep her friend Cat from falling in love with a vampire.

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
Bianca wouldn't be where she is without her sweet, supportive best friends Casey and Jessica.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Feeeeels. I get such feeeeeels from Blue and her Aglionby boys, and from the friendships between Gansey and Adam and Ronan and Noah. Right to the chest. And oh, how The Dream Thieves destroyed me.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
The ultimate BFF book of my youth! My friend and I spent a long time deciding which of us was Lena, Bridget, Carmen, or Tibby. (I think I ended up being a Lena/Carmen mix, which doesn't make much sense.)

The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty
LOVE THIS BOOK. It's funny and it's all about the bond between best friends Cassie, Emily, and Lydia, and how the girls will go down to the wire for each other... and maybe even bend a few rules.

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I've only read the first book in this series, but I loved how much of it was centered around Rose and Lissa's friendship.

Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas
I want to be part of the No Drama Prom-a Crew.

Honorable mentions: Aria and Roar from Through the Ever Night, Juliette and Kenji from Unravel Me and Ignite Me, Lainey and Bianca from The Art of Lainey, Addie and Laila from Pivot Point, the Georgia Nicolson series, Scar, Rob, Much, and John from Scarlet.

10 comments:

  1. Great list. I have Harry Potter on my list this week too. I love that friendship is so important to the whole story. I also have Code Name Verity. I'm reading The Duff soon, which I'm very excited about! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why didn't I think of Anne of Green Gables for my top ten list. I love that book. I'm happy to see the Percy Jackson series on your list too. I love those guys so much! And the Raven Boys, well, I've seen the book recommendation around so much recently that I'm dying to read it. I read the Dream Thieves out of desperation because my library never seems to have the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This list is krumplete perfection. GOLDEN TRIO AND MARAUDERS, stop it tears. PERCABETH. Oh my god I can't believe I forgot the Sisterhood. Love them so hard. AND I FORGOT LYDIA/CASSIE/EMILY as well, dammit. I have clearly lost my brain somewhere this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH THE DREAM THIEVES. I'm seriously trying not to think about it because I have to survive until Blue Lily Lily Blue and it's not looking good RIP me. x) Also: Code Name Verity. *continues sobbing* I will NEVER EVER RECOVER.
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! So . . . I don’t have any of these on my TTT, with the exception of the Harry Potter series, because I haven’t read any of them yet :( I do have Code Name Verity in my possession, so I may have to bump it up a bit now . . . Although "Code Name Sobbity" is especially terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big HP & PJ fan. I keep seeing Code Name Verity on all these list, I think I may have to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna be part of the No Drama Prom-a Crew too!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the Raven Boys and Blue have the most amazing and strange friendship everrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices. Harry Potter topped my list, I adore that series and it has so many wonderful friendships in it. I've seen the PJ series on so many lists today, makes me really want to go read that one myself. Nice list :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! Harry Potter was on my list, and Percy Jackson almost made it. I really need to read Code Name Verity...

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)