Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Looking Forward: May




Sometimes it's really hard for me to keep track of what comes out what month, especially while juggling early reviews and publisher catalogues and all the other confusing bookish things bloggers deal with. It's just a LOT OF BOOKS ALL THE TIME. How do you ever keep them straight?! So on the last day of the month, I post a guide to what books I'm most looking forward to in the following month and that you should keep an eye on. So, since it's the last day in April, here are the May releases most tempting me.

There are SO. MANY. HUGE. BOOKS. THIS. MONTH. (like seriously, putting this post together made me PANIC at the sheer volume of them) that I'm forgoing a Book of the Month because DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE.

May 1st

23110163

Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond
LOIS LANE. 'Nuff said.

May 5th

231976201762052322297138

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
OBVS. I've already read it, and it's perfectly Sarah and dark and sexy and twisted, so dark and sexy and twisted that at one scene I got so embarrassed I looked around my perfectly empty apartment just to make sure no one could, um, see into my brain...? IDK, this book is intense.

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
Fake dating + Kasie West = EVERYTHING I WANT IN LIFE

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
Fairy tales + Rosamund Hodge = EVERYTHING ELSE I WANT IN LIFE

Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
Disney villains. I was practically RAISED by Disney villains.

Seriously Wicked by Tina Connolly
WITCHESSS

The Novice by Taran Matharu
I giggle every time I see this cover ("THESE are spirit fingers") but I cannot resist high fantasy shenanigans. I cannot.

May 12th

1879898322718710

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
IF I CAN CONVINCE YOU TO RUSH OFF AND BUY/READ/BORROW ONE BOOK ON THIS LIST, MAY IT BE THIS. I'M SLIGHTLY OBSESSED WITH THIS BOOK AND YOU SHOULD BE TOO. LET THE CAPS COMPEL YOU.

Love, Fortunes, and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius
Can't remember exactly what this is about, but it looks so quirky and that cover is SO DELIGHTFUL.

May 19th


23131087222381841858452118713071

Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
This is the week that will kill us all. But this book has a) a gorgeous cover b) is about mental illness an c) seems to be extremely funny, which are all things I like.

Illusionarium by Heather Dixon
STEAMPUNK. GIRLS IN DRESSES. I don't remember the synopsis but I LIKE THOSE THINGS. (I am such a good authority figure.)

Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen
If I can convince you to rush out and buy/read/borrow another book/series, may it be this one. I LOVE THIS SERIES AND THIS BOOK MADE MY HEART EXPLODE DON'T YOU WANT AN EXPLODING HEART GO READ IT

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
NIMONA!!! I read and adored Nimona as a webcomic and I'm so excited to have a full color hard copy with a BONUS EPILOGUE that I'm going to lose it

A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin
Ticking ALL the Gillian Book Love boxes right now

Hold Me Like a Breath by Tiffany Schmidt
Can't resist a fairy tale retelling, especially one with a PUN in the series title (Once Upon a Crime Family)

Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer Latham
A Muslim-American Veronica Mars? ALL THE YES.

May 26th


18525378

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
LARA JEAN AND PETER K LARA JEAN AND PETER K LARA JEAN AND PETER K

Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry
New Katie McGarry series! With BIKERS.

Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
I like fancy scandalous shippy (as in actual literal ships) things. Also paintings.

The Notorious Pagan Jones by Nina Berry
SPEAKING OF SCANDALOUS. I am scandalously excited for the notorious Pagan Jones.

WHEW WHAT A LOT OF BOOKS. What May read are you most excited for?
 

11 comments:

  1. I NEED THEM ALL GILLIAN!!!!!!!!! My bank is weeping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure my credit card is starting to judge me.

      Delete
  2. So many good books this month!!!!!!! I loved A Court of Thorns and Roses and The Fill-In Boyfriend! I just started reading The Wrath and The Dawn! I hope I love it as much as everyone else seems to... I feel confident that I will. I also am excited for Love Fortunes and Other Disasters simply because of that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH THE WRATH AND THE DAWN I HOPE YOU LOVVVVVVE

      LFaOD has the absolute best cover ever

      Delete
  3. holy crap!!! so many things to drool over! ACOTAR *star eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already read ACOTAR, so now I have to say Made You Up. I am really super stoked about what is coming out this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOOOO. I'm reading Made You Up right now and super enjoying it.

      Delete
  5. Wow, loved your list. Some of these books are on my list too: The Novice, A court... and Illusionarium :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO MANY BOOOOOOOOKS! I've been SO GOOD this year and only preordered ACOTAR and Lion Heart... trying to hold out for my birthday, secret sister gifts, and random purchases since I have so much to read already. *weeps* But. I neeeeed The Fill-In Boyfriend, I really want to read Crimson Bound and I'm hesitant but curious about Isle of the Descendants! Oh and I requested Lois Lane at the library once the author compared her to Kami Glass. Sold. LOVED LION HEART MY ROBLETTTTTT. I ordered Nimona for my sister actually, she's a huge fan of the artist but hasn't read the comic! It looks awesome! And I have arcs of the Wrath and the Dawn (sounds crazy awesome) and A School for Unusual Girls (total Morgan catnip). P.S. I LOVE YOU LARA JEAN AND PETER K!!!!! You took the swoons right out of my mouth. May is a killer book month, wow.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)