|hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
I can list all the Basic Facts about me that i've mentioned before (see here, for example), like that I have a twin and a rescue dog and I'm short and like coffee, but if you follow me on Twitter, you may already know those (especially the coffee thing, it's basically my defining trait). But I don't want to do that, so let's go FULLY RANDOM. *shakes brain, sees what falls out* Dunno why you'd be interested, but if you are, let's bash on.
- If you name a Disney song, I probably know the lyrics to it. If there is one thing I am determined to accomplish in my lifetime, it is knowing all the lyrics to all of the songs.
- My impossible dream job would be a Disney animator, a Broadway star, a lady detective, or Kathleen Kelly, aka the kindly proprietor of a children's bookshop, preferably one that doubles as a bakery. I am unlikely to become any of these things, BUT A GIRL CAN DREAM.
- My superpower is spotting and recognizing famous people, even just actors that guest starred on that one episode of Gilmore Girls that had a bit part in another random episode of Friends. Whatever is the opposite of face blindness, I have that. I NEVER FORGET A FACE, she said threateningly.
- I've been to five continents and over thirty countries. Australia and Antarctica, I'm coming for you!
- I hate cold weather, but I can only sleep with the air conditioning cranked on and half-buried beneath a thick and fluffy comforter. Don't ask me why.
- I have teeny tiny size five feet, very high arches, and quite a lot of foot problems. These boots were NOT made for walking. They were made for lounging. And foot massages.
- I want my life to be The Great British Bake Off. Somehow. Some way.
- I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life, but it took me a year of having my driver's license to work up the courage to get on the freeway for the first time at age seventeen.
For reference, this is what an LA freeway looks like:
|dun dun DUNNNN|
Not good for those of us of an anxious bent, let me tell you. But now I drive the freeway on autopilot like an old pro, with no screaming at all.
- My favorite Harry Potter characters are Ginny Weasley, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, Luna Lovegood, and Neville Longbottom. (Ron and the various Weasleys too, particularly the twins and Goddess Among Mortals Molly Weasley, but these five are just the most precious of babies to me and I will go full Hulk if I ever hear them criticized. THEY ARE PURE AND GOOD AND STRONG AND PRECIOUS DON'T YOU DARE.)
- The first OTPs I ever remember having were Char and Ella from Ella Enchanted and Felicity and Ben from the American Girl series. Like, WAY back. Like, I was eight years old at the very most. #shipperhipster
|more like tricorner HOT #historicalhathumor|
|Felicity SAVES THE DAY AS WELL AS BEN! FeliciBen was some real shit, okay, you wish your ship was this great|
- I was also the first kid in my class to read Harry Potter #harryhipster and one of the first people I knew to read Twilight #twihipster.
- I'm a very fast reader if I'm focused. The problem is, I'm hardly ever focused. My brain is on a constant whirl. CHILL OUT, BRAIN. NO, YOU CAN'T GO ON TWITTER RIGHT NOW.
- The first piece of writing I ever had published was an absolutely abominable poem I wrote in fourth grade about a beloved willow tree. (I have never had a beloved willow tree. Fourth grade Gillian was a liar.)
- The first fan fiction I ever wrote was for Felicity the American Girl, followed very shortly by Tamora Pierce. My main fic obsessions were Tamora (Alanna + ALL the love interests, Daine/Numair, Aly/Nawat), Harry/Ginny, and absolutely dreadful Twilight knockoffs.
- About 90% of my youthful fan fiction involved one half of an OTP DYING TRAGICALLY and the other half positively rending apart with grief, but then of course the dead party magically resurrected/turned out to have been ALIVE ALL ALONG etc etc kissing and sobbing and cheesy dialogue etc. No, I will NOT share it with you. I like you too much to subject you to that.
(Felicity and Ben had some particularly tragic things happen to them (EDIT: IN MY TERRIBLE FAN FICTION! NOT IN THE BOOKS!), including Ben going off to fight in the war, DYING TRAGICALLY, Felicity being utterly grief-stricken but REFUSING TO ACCEPT IT so she becomes a spy and of course somehow finds him in a British prison (?? my grasp on history was quite a bit weaker than my grasp on melodrama) and frees him and etc etc kissing and sobbing and cheesy dialogue etc) (please tell me the Youths of Today are still reading American Girl because THAT SHIT WAS LIT OKAY)
So that was... well, quite a few more than ten facts, but I hope you enjoyed them, or at least feel like you know me a bit better!