Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

How to Deal When Your Favorite Books and Shows Get Pushed Back



You know that feeling. You have the date marked on your calendar from the moment you finish the previous book. Winter by Marissa Meyer! Cress came out in January of 2014, so Winter is due in January of 2015! And omg Blue Lily, Lily Blue was SOSOSO GOOD and it came out in October 2014 so The Raven King will drop into my life like a glorious, life-destroying asteroid (meteorite??) in October 2015 omg can i SURVIVE THE WAIT??? And GAH, The 100, aka the greatest way your soul will ever be crushed, last obliterated my heart in March 2015, but that's okay, because The CW's new season begins in October 2015! not that long.

Yeah.

Nope.

Winter releases November 2015. The Raven King releases February/March 2016. And The 100 has been pushed back to 2016 midseason. (Mistyped that as 2026 at first and OMG COULD YOU IMAGINE)


Suddenly, the future is dark and full of terrors. The months stretch before you like endless, endless flat terrain and your wagon is rusty and you're running out of salt beef and you don't know if you'll even MAKE it over the Rockies because Winter is Coming and OREGON IS JUST SO SUPER DUPER FAR AWAY


But we will. WE WILL. WE WILL MAKE IT. We can survive the wait! I AM DETERMINED TO. So how will I brave the near-interminable hiatus?

Cry a lot
THIS IS A SHOCK OKAY

Eat a lot
Eat all the delicious fattening things the poor sods on The 100 don't have access to because they live in a post-apocalyptic hellscape

Tweet angrily a lot
@CW_NETWORK I HOPE YOUR FLOOR TURNS TO LEGOS AND YOUR FAVORITE PILLOW GOES MISSING

Slowly resume normalcy
I might need some advice on this one

Rewatch/reread all of the things in anticipation of their return.
Fill The 100 void by rewatching it in its entirety! I now have TIME to do a full reread of both The Lunar Chronicles and The Raven Cycle! I choose to make this a positive zip a dee do da always look on the bright side of LIFE

Read fan fiction
For when that silver lining looks a bit more like a turd lining because who in HELL wants TIME give it to me NOW

Write fan fiction
Not that I, um, have done this
"And then Bellamy kissed her because that is what Bellarke does and nobody died and nobody murdered and the apocalypse righted itself and oh yeah this all happened in October 2015 when it was supposed to the end"

Ransack Tumblr
I JUST NEED GIFSETS OF BELLARKE TOUCHING AND EDITS WHERE PYNCH GIVE EACH OTHER HANDCREAM TO MAKE IT THROUGH

Eat some more
I'M OUT OF ICE CREAM

Talk it out with friends who are also in mourning
"BUT WHAT IF THE LONGER WAIT ONLY GAVE MAGGIE TIME TO KILL MORE CHARACTERS"

Repeat as necessary until release date/premiere date/the apocalypse finally arrives and hope your brain hasn't turned to melted Velveeta "cheese"

How did you cope when something you were really looking forward to got pushed back? ARE YOU SAD ABOUT THE SAME THINGS I'M SAD ABOUT??

11 comments:

  1. perfect post is perfect, I love you, knife emojis forever

    (BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO WITH OURSELVES NOW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously the best, omg. "Suddenly, the future is dark and full of terrors. The months stretch before you like endless, endless flat terrain and your wagon is rusty and you're running out of salt beef and you don't know if you'll even MAKE it over the Rockies because Winter is Coming and OREGON IS JUST SO SUPER DUPER FAR AWAY" That is one of the funniest things I've ever read hahahah. But seriously, THE PAIN. Goddddd I just want Winter and The Raven King to get here :( But full rereads are fun. And I'm going to sneaky watch #The100 so you guys don't stalk me and then tweet all of you that I now understand ALL THE THINGS. So you have that to look forward to. But for real, every time a book/show/movie gets pushed back I cry a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the Winter release got pushed back I almost died! DIED! Now we don't have to wait too much longer I guess. I don't watch The 100 and maybe that is a good thing now. But I do have it on my list of things to watch this summer. I think I will still do that. I love your coping list. Those things really do help... as much as they can. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my GOD best post ever!!! I so know what you mean about The 100 i am livid!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope you actually tweeted that to the CW because that is perfect and also one of the worst things you could wish upon someone ever.

    Seriously though, when I saw The Raven King get pushed back to NEXT YEAR I died a little inside. Whyyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey @ CW, I hope it rains and you left your car window open
    Hey @ CW, I hope your light bulb burns out in the middle of the night and you can't find a flash light
    Hey @ CW, I hope your cat pukes and you step in it
    Hey @ CW, I hope that when you pull the trash bag from the can, it rips
    Hey @ CW, I hope you forget that one important ingredient while cooking dinner tonight
    Hey @ CW, I hope you get a paper cut while writing your apology to me

    yes that felt good

    ReplyDelete
  7. TV-wise: Sherlock. Like, COME ON BRITAIN!

    There is a forth Vampire Empire book in the series coming out in September - I've been waiting for, oh, about 2 years for it.

    And finally, my freaking Thor movie! HURRY UP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH THEY PUSHED BACK THE RAVEN KING!! NO!!!!

    I have to eat so much ice cream now!! I will do all the things on your list!

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)