Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Top Ten Characters I Wish Would Get Their Own Book


Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish





 

 Harry Potter second generation by If I Need to Tell You, I'm Judging You
There is no. Piece. Of. Fiction. I. Want. More. No, not want. Need. Need. NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

Angela Montgomery from the Lynburn Legacy by Sarah Rees Brennan
She's everything I aspire to be. While a spin-off series would require bad things to happen to Angela--and no bad things should ever happen to my queen ever--I'd be willing if it meant I could read more about lazy, bitchtastic Angela being a very reluctant heroine (as well as making out with Holly every other page or so).
 
Nikolai Lantsov from the Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo
DELICIOUS DEVIL OF A PRINCE. I woudl read about you doing anything. I would read about you getting dress (and undressed *waggles eyebrows*), eating breakfast, on a boat, in a palace. ANYTHING. I just need more Nikolai. He completes me.

Kenji from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
Confident, handsome, loyal, and funny, Kenji is the get-a-grip friend we all wish we had. He was my favorite character by a million percent in this series, and I would read ENDLESS spin-off novels starring him. It makes me kind of giddy just imagining it.

Roar
Hiiii, husband. Like Kenji and Nikolai (my other husbands), I would read about Roar doing anything from brushing his teeth to napping. He naps so handsomely, you see. The world needs a novel or twelve about a napping Roar.

Reagan or Wren from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I couldn't decide between Cath's kick ass roommate or Cath's twin. Both would probably have really interesting stories to tell.

Calliope Bell (idea stolen from Christina, so go check out her beyootiful list)
I LOVE slightly snobby figure skater Calliope, Cricket's driven sister. I want to read about her kicking Olympic booty.

Iko
The cutest little android in the whole universe! I want to read about Iko flirting and just being delightfully Iko and... well, I don't know what a book called Iko would be about, but obviously I am there with jazz (android) hands.

Oliver from the Something Strange and Deadly series by Susan Dennard
This is a biiiit of a cheat, since Susan is actually writing a free Wattpad semi-sequel-ish bonus story over here (MAJOR Strange and Ever After spoilers! Be warned!), but I'm so glad there's more Oliver, because he is my faaaavorite in that series. He and Eleanor make me FEEL THINGS.

Toby in The Beginnng of Everything by Robyn Schneider
I don't remember TONS of details from this book (oops!) but I remember worshipping the ground Toby walked on (the page Toby... talked on?). To quote myself: "Toby is fiercely intelligent, a confident nerd, and a good guy...I kind of want to be Toby when I grow up. Also, he is hilarious when he is drunk."

Honorable mentions: Rowan and/or Aedion from Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas; Eleanor from Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White; the Marauders from the Harry Potter series; Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games.

14 comments:

  1. KENJI! I love him! I was hoping with all hope that Fracture Me was going to be about Kenji, but of course it was Adam. Boo! I need more Kenji!

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the amount of lists that Kenji is on! It's totally understandable because he's awesome! :-) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALMOST put Roar on my list but he didn't ended up making the cut. But YES to Kenji and Nikolai. They are such strong and fantastic secondary characters and their books would be SO GOOD.

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking around for ideas for this week's TTT and saw your entry on Harry Potter the next generation and shamelessly stole it for my post. Really hope you don't mind (I credited you)!

    By the way, it's not totally canon but there is a great fanfiction series that stars those exact characters. It's not written by Rowling but she has given her blessing so you might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YESSS!!! Angela!! Kenji!! Roooaaaar!!! And more HP world will always be welcome for me!! Great choices Gillian!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iko! That would be sooo much fun, a book featuring her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a lot of the same people on our lists this week!! I'd love to see Nickolai though and I totally forgot about him!! Great list of people this week!!

    jaime @ Fic Fare

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked Iko, too! I think Reagan or Wren would be great! Calliope, yes, I said that on Twitter once, or somewhere. Didn't think of it for this. I went with Rashmi b/c it could play into that SCENE from Isla! Ohh, and Nikolai, I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kenji all the way!! Reagan or Wren would definitely also be interesting, especially with the little glimpses we get of Wren's struggle from Cath's point of view. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your picks! Especially Roar and Reagan. I also love Nickolai from the Shadow and Bone series. I wish he would have been focused on a bit more. New bloglovin' follower!
    Sarah
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. The second and pre-HP generations PLEASE! Ughhh yes for Nikolai post-R&R and Kenji at any time in his life would be perfection.

    I hadn’t thought of it before, but I’d love a Calliope book as well as a Toby book! I really loved The Beginning of Everything, and I’m pretty sure some of my favorite scenes were with Toby in them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. IKO. I approve of this choice, lol. I would love a book all about Iko :D Amazing post Gillian. <3 thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SECOND GEN OR BUST. I want this more than the Marauders even, but I would take either. Or BOTH. Also a historical set book about the founders or really anything to do with the magical world at all. Yep.

    An Angela series would be awesome because there can't really be a series without Holly, and Kami, and with Kami comes Jared, etc etc all filtered through Angela's lense and adventure. Why isn't this a thing yet?!

    Calliope! And Iko! Those would be fun books to read, especially Iko. She's my fav.

    Reagan and Wren as dun dun dunnnnn NEW ROOMMATES. Haha! But I agree, both would be great books for very different reasons. Carry On Simon.

    As far as honorable mentions, let's be greedy and say we need Rowan AND Aedion books. Because yes. we. do.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)