|Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
Related: Brutal Ending to Series and Why They Are the Best
Top-Notch Series Enders
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (HARRY POTTER)
2. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman (His Dark Materials)
If you didn't cry at the end of this, there is something wrong with you.
3. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson (The Girl of Fire and Thorns)
HECTORRRRRRRR (even though more people should have died, methinks. Because I might be a psychopath)
4. The Realms of the Gods/ Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce (The Immortals/Alanna)
Yes, I'm putting both on here. TRotG because KISS SCENE. And Lioness Rampant because EPIC. (Also my ship, it sails!)
5. Goliath by Scott Westerfeld
When slow-burning romances FINALLY IGNITE!
6. Forever Princess by Meg Cabot (The Princess Diaries)
Ditto above. Also, Mia got SO ANNOYING in the later books, but I felt this book was a real return to form. Also, Michael. End point.
ETA 7. Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein (Code Name Verity)
This may be blasphemous to some, but I think this gorgeous book is even better than its predecessor. *rips heart from chest* *places it on a silver platter* *presents to Ms. Wein as no longer requires feelings anymore*
Related: Top Ten Books Whose Endings I'd Rewrite
Honorable mentions: Lirael by Garth Nix, Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund (EXCEPT FOR THE PART WHERE IT JUST ENDS), Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison, Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot, Darkest Hour by Meg Cabot, Where She Went by Gayle Forman,
Bottom-Notch Series Enders* (not a word, but go with it)
1. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (Twilight)
Yeah, yeah, everybody (including me) hates this series. But when I read this book, I was a serious (if closet) Twihard, and even I was annoyed (AND REVOLTED) by some things that happened in this book. Also, talk about anti-climactic. THE MOVIE WAS BETTER. Also, it would be nice if Bella had to sacrifice something for her Happily Ever After.
2. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares (Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants)
THIS BOOK NEVER HAPPENED. ERASE IT FROM YOUR MEMORY LOGS. THIS IS AN AFFRONT TO ALL THINGS PANTS-RELATED. I'M BOYCOTTING PANTS. GOT TELL ALL THE HOT GUYS IN THE WORLD THEY'RE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR PANTS ANYMORE.
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games)
Why is everyone I love dead?
4. Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding (Bridget Jones)
Just on principle. (Warning: MAJOR spoilers at the link)
*I don't really hate Mockingjay that much. And I know I said I loved brutal series enders, but really, Suzanne? Why you gotta do me like that?