Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

BEA Book Haul: Day One!


Post-BEA self-portrait

YOU GUYS, I HAVE NEVER KNOWN SUCH EXHAUSTION. Nor such excitement. BEA was complete lunacy, and I was mad to ever attempt it, but it's also probably the best thing I've ever done. I've had so much fun and gotten so many books I want to show you! My friend Lili from Lili's Reflections was staying with me, so we filmed our book haul videos together, in case you're wondering who the crazy girl on my right is.

Bear in mind, we filmed these right after getting home from a looooong day of lugging books, standing in line, not-eating, power-walking past slow people (AND PEOPLE WHO STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF PATHWAYS, AKA THE PEOPLE WHO NEED TO DIE), and trying to find a cab downtown at rush hour in 90+ degree heat. SO. Do not judge me by the things my melted candle of a brain says, nor by the way I look.

Without further ado, here is my book haul from Day One of BEA, aka Thursday, May 30.



Bloggers mentioned:
Lili at Lili's Reflections
Christina at Reader of Fictions
Shelver from Bookshelver's Anonymous

Books mentioned:
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
Storm Watcher by Maria V. Snyder
A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso
The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Mass (!!!!!!!!!)
Breathe by Abbi Glines
Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Relic by Heather Terrell
Hostage Three by Nick Lake
Splintered by A.G. Howard and Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Frozen by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston
Bruised by Sarah Skilton
Fractured by Sarah Fine
Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay
Seeing Red by Kathryn Erskine
The Lost Kingdom by Matthew J. Kirby
My Basmati Bat Mitzvah by Paula J. Freedman
This is W.A.R. by Lisa Roecker
The Twistrose Key by Tone Almhjell



7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE THIS. I'm so happy for your amazing book haul!! Y'all are hilarious. I am SO going to BEA next year. :D

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our brains were just dead after this, omg >_< lol

    I miss us <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you in my life. This video post was epic. And there are a few books I'm resisting attacking you for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are the cutest! I'm so excited about all of the awesome books that you guys picked up! And that's just the first day? Sanctum was my favorite read of 2012! It's so good! I still need to to read Venom and The Book Thief (both of which I have)! Can't wait to see what else you got on day two and day three!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Apparently, you would lie in the grass with beautiful boys and look beautiful, which sounds about right."

    Ha! And I'm just as in awe of the Peterfreund bookmarks. Soooo shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealousss. I wants them all. <3 Especially Antigoddess :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. GAH. I don't even know where to start, Gillian. SO happy you went and had a fab time. That book haul... The Bone Season. UNHINGED! So many more. EEEEP. Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)