Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Top Ten Books at the TOP of My Summer TBR List


http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/toptentuesss1.jpg
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


1. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson

 The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)

HECTORRRRRRRRRRRRRR. That is the only commentary necessary.

2. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

 The Bone Season (Scion, #1)

I've heard some not-so-great things, but this is a HUGE buzz book, and I've got an ARC. So I'm pretty excited to get cracking on this one and see where my opinions fall.

3. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

 The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

I love Holly Black, and I love the cover and concept of this, and even though this is technically a September book, I intend to read it before that. I need some cool vampire fun in my summer.

4. The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson

 The Rithmatist (Rithmatist #1)

 I'M SO EXCITED TO FINALLY READ A BRANDON SANDERSON BOOK. After meeting him (twice!) at BEA and getting this book and his upcoming novel, Steelheart (also on my sumemr TBR), I'm more anxious than ever to finally start reading his amazing books.

5. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

 The Book Thief

I KNOW. I KNOW. This is a classic, it will move me to tears, it's beautiful. I've heard it all. This summer will be the summer I get to it. I PROMISE.

6. Once We Were by Kat Zhang

 Once We Were (The Hybrid Chronicles, #2)

Another book that technically comes out in September, but that I intend to read on the beach someday before that. I really enjoyed the first book, What's Left of Me, so I'm excited to see what happens next.

7. Golden by Jessi Kirby

 Golden

 Everybody's RAVING about this book. I want to join in on the raving!

8. Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross

 Belle Epoque

This book sounds so ridiculously up my alley and I NEED IT. I need to read it naowwww.

9. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

 Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)

Victorian zombies! Hot boys! Why haven't I read this sooner?!

10. Books whose ARC sequels I own but that I haven't read yet so now I have to:  

False Memory (False Memory, #1)The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)Insignia (Insignia, #1)

False Memory by Dan Krokos, The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken, and Insignia by S.J. Kincaid

Doubling my own summer reading load, but OH WELL.

Bonus 11. Books that WOULD have been on this list but I jumped the gun and read them already:

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Fangirl

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (WHICH I'M GIVING AWAY, BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST), Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

35 comments:

  1. I like your books with the sequels you own. I don't have Never Fade but I have plans to read Darkest Minds with Cassie this week AND all this False everything is some business I need to get up into. ASAP.

    Oh. Also. I like everything else too. *points at all the BEA books we collected together* <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so jealous you've read Crown of Midnight and Fangirl already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so many that I'm really looking forward too! and insignia is one of my favs I hope you like it.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. You met Brandon Sanderson? Jealous! =P

    Great list, been hearing a lot of buzz about some of the titles you've mentioned. Will have to check them out xD

    Awesome list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Book Thief - you will NOT be let down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOD, THE BOOK THIEF. Yes, please, read it, cry, and love it forever. It's one of my absolute favorites.

    Also, yes to HECTOR. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list! I've heard so many good things about Fangirl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good list, The Book Thief is a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great list! You can totally tell that you went to BEA from your list though. But I mean you haven't been hiding that fact either! Hope you like all of your pretty ARCS!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an AMAZEBALLS list, and it is SO obvious you went to BEA from it :) Can't wait for Coldtown, Golden, or Belle Epoque either, need-to-read, desperately! But how in the world have you not read The Book Thief yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great top ten! I'm really excited to read Bone Season too:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome list! I have Golden on mine as well.
    Happy reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read something by Brandon Sanderson, but I do not quite know from where to start. I own copies of Golden and The Darkest Minds and even though I did not include those on my list, I really want to get to them as soon as possible. :)
    And Fangirl sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh great list! I LOVED both Golden and The Book Thief, so I hope you do too! And that new Holly Black book? I'm SO curious about it. Can't wait to see your review (even if it's not until September >.>)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Something Strange and Deadly is on my shortlist for this summer too! It's been awhile since I've read a good steampunk and I've heard good things about this one. Great list!

    TTT @ Krista’s Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cover of Once we Were. Golden also looks intriguing.Enjoy your summer reads Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! I can't wait for The Bitter Kingdom either; Hector is amazing. And I had the most ridiculous fangirl moment when I met Brandon Sanderson at BEA. My whole mind just went blank and I couldn't think of anything to say to him. I really hope you like his books.

    Ashling @ Reading, Writing, & Anything but Arithmetic

    ReplyDelete
  18. Golden is Ammmmaaaaazing!! You won't be disappointed. Fan girl is also on my TBR list.

    Here's my TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-at-the-top-of-my-summer-tbr-list/

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Book Thief and the Brandon Sanderson one are both on my list, as is Something Strange and Deadly, though I doubt I'll get through them before summer's end. :D Great picks.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh man, THE BITTER KINGDOM is so amazing!!! HECTOR!!!! <3 You'll love it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gun jumping is awesome. I posted my Fangirl review today, because I freaking felt like it and I require no other reason.

    Also, HECTORRRRRRRRR! This is now my cry of victory.

    I'll be reading several of these too, so we can maybe buddy read again by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bahaha I wonder how we got the same books ;) but omg read INSIGNIA because I want VORTEX! <3 and ahh ahhh we should read THE BONE SEASON together. and SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY is amazing. I told you I'm getting an ARC of book two, so when it comes time for me to visit we'll figure out the books I should bring for you to borrow that week because that's probably another you want. I still need to read book two in Rae Carson's series and I totally trust your opinions in regards to CROWN OF MIDNIGHT and FANGIRL and omg so much awesomeness <3 I think STARRY NIGHTS will be an amazing summer read though, I know I made you nab a copy of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You better get to The Book Thief this summer! Or else! Haha, but in all seriousness, it's amazing. And a must-read for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Golden is so amazing! I also want to start Rae Carson's fantasy series soon. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Something Strange and Deadly is one of my favorite books! Plus, Susan Dennard is just...AWESOME. That's the only word that really applies.

    Also, Hector is beyond epic in TBK. I love him even more, which wasn't even possible, but somehow it happened. I hope Harper hurries up and approves you so we can talk!!

    Great list!

    Ems
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  26. All the books! And I love your commentary on the Bitter Kingdom! Haha :)

    Here's my list: http://suchanovelidea.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I seriously cannot wait to read Fangirl. I have it from Netgalley, but am really trying to control myself until closer to the release date. I don't know how I have been able to though, because it's RAINBOW ROWELL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Bone Season made my list, too. I'm so excited for that one. I loved Golden. It's a great book for summer. I just picked up The Darkest Minds from the library. I've heard great things. (I always request sequels to books I haven't read yet. I need to stop doing that.) Great list!
    Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great list! I loved Golden. And I can't wait to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, it sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I need Fangirl likes nobody's business. ASAP!!! Also, Crown of Midnight. Eep!

    ReplyDelete
  31. YOU HAVEN'T READ SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY YET? How are we even friends?!? Girl, you must get on this ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Bone Season and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! YES!
    Golden was FANTASTIC and I don't even read contemporary. I just downloaded The Rithmatist on audio, really looking forward to getting to that one soon (hopefully!). Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great choices! Of the ones you've mentioned, I've read and loved both GOLDEN and THE DARKEST MINDS. Hopefully, you end up feeling the same way! I too intend to read THE BONE SEASON soon - hopefully, I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Something Strange and Deadly is one of my favorite books ever! And so is The Darkest Minds! I'm looking forward to The Coldest Girl in Coldtown too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black sounds really good.Have a great Summer!
    Here is my Tuesday Post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)