Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Blogger Trick or Treat: Spooky Reads


https://31.media.tumblr.com/3f569e9defe93d042796abaeac1bfd90/tumblr_mt3tw82AnS1sfyx4go2_500.gif

It's that time of year again! The time for candy and ghosts and me looking warily behind me and sleeping with the lights on because I'm a big ole scaredy cat. Like I said in my bookish costumes post, my idea of a Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown. I have a bit more tolerance for spooky books, however, so this Halloween, I'm totally going to myself to get a bit more creeptastic in my reads.

(This is also the time of year for Great Imaginations Blogger Trick or Treat! I love those girls and was so pleased when they asked me to be a part of the hop. For more information, check out their intro post here, and keep your eye out for their giveaway!)

So what are my All Hallows Read options? Pulling solely from my physical shelves, these are the vaguely spooky-esque options:


Such choices! Very options! What do you think I should read? I mean, let's be real. I fully plan to stay inside Halloween night, mainlining mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, singing "I Put a Spell on Youuuuu" in my best Bette Midler voice (my Midler impression is, sadly, only middling) and reading until I fall asleep with, yes, all the lights on. I need a gameplan! Tell me what to read.

http://www.andpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/www.survivingcollege.com_.gif

Need spooky reads suggestions? Well, I'm not really the person to ask if you want LEGIT terrifying books, because I'm a huge wimp, but these are a few of my favorite holiday-appropriate books, and most of them won't give you nightmares.


Happy Halloween, darlings! Make sure you stuff yourself with candy. Everybody knows holiday calories don't count.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/H3LXG5EfMhZ3W/giphy.gif

(Try not to eat any children, though.)

14 comments:

  1. Hi read The Screaming Staircase kthnxbai. <3G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling kind of blah about Halloween (and everything in general, lbr) but this post perked me back up! Now I have to figure out which scary book to read that night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But what if I really want to eat the children?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I really shouldn't be allowed out in public unsupervised)

      Delete
    2. Then you should just eat them.

      Delete
  4. YESSSS!! I agree with the above poster. The Screaming Staircase is a musssstttt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH AND WHAT AM I DOING READ CROAK, PLEASE READ CROAK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eat the children and then read The Haunted Vagina. #perfecthalloween

      Delete
  6. The Graveyard Book and A Monster Calls WILL NOT DISAPPOINT! Read The Graveyard Book now - it's really, REALLY entertaining (and a perfect way to spend Halloween!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true, Holiday calories don't count. :) I honestly haven't read any of the books on your tbr Halloween list, but This is Not a Test and The Screaming Staircase sound really good. I hope you have a wonderful Halloween and get to eat lots of yummy candy. I have work, then I hope to watch a Halloween type movie with my husband, maybe Cabin in The Woods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, there is someone creepy on your here blog site. ALSO READ CROAK READ CROAK RIGHT NOW. *sobs with wanting* I mean, it's not like I never read something for you. #pressure #butnotreally #butreally #orly #yarly #noway #yesway #wutishappening #idk #justreadcroak

    ReplyDelete
  9. A MONSTER CALLS A MONSTER CALLS A MONSTER CALLS READ A MONSTER CALLS (and thank me later)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've haven't actually read any of those, but I really want to read quite a few of them. Though I have heard Croak fits the Halloween mood quite nicely.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good writers address the society’s problem as a character's problem; so people must feel like the only way for an answer is to buy the book and read it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)