Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Top Ten Books I Read In 2013


http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/toptentuesss1.jpg
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Oh, ten. I remember when I used to actually follow the rules and adhere to the requisite ten. Do you remember those days? No, I don't really either. Nobody's memory is that long

Anyway, these are the best books I read this year by category! As you clever things have no doubt noticed, there are twenty seven books on this list. No bothers are given.

Contemporaries:

18079527Anna and the French KissLola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)The Distance Between UsFangirl
157457531579323113446537

The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
Premeditated by Josin McQuein

1325327614288998Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
132068281610241213138635

Science Fiction

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

172622361198394016181630

Historical

Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen 
Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen

The Archived (The Archived, #1)1734738913624584
Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1)16043939

Paranormal

The Archived by Victoria Schwab
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard
Pivot Point by Kasie West
Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan

The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
15773979Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)

Fantasy

The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

21 comments:

  1. So...I've got a lot to say about this post.

    I AM DYING TO READ LAURIE HALSE ANDERSON AFTER HEARING YOU RAVE.

    Totally approve of Stephanie Perkin's being on this list <3

    The Distance Between Us and Fangirl were on mine too!

    Your last line of contemporaries are all books that I have listed as MUST READS for 2014. ;)

    I still have to read Veronica Rossi and Diana Peterfreund! But I approve of the other sci-fi's

    SCARLET! <3 I think it's funny you read my copy of LADY THIEF quicker than I did.

    I've read all fantasy's but Jay Kristoff which I will read in 2014.

    So, all in all, I APPROVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love The Distance Between Us! Eleanor and Park, These Broken Stars, and few of the other books on your list are on my TBR list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of similar books on my list. Of course, a couple of the ones you have listed (Lady Thief, Cress and Into the Still Blue) I am anxiously awaiting the release dates. It makes me happy to see them on a best-of list though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Rowell's Attachments made it on my top ten list, with Fangirl in my honourable mentions. It would have been interesting had I read Eleanor & Park this year too xP

    Happy New Year! :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're list kind of made me feel like drooling (is that weird?) because of all the epicness on it. It's nice to see THE IMPOSSIBLE KNIFE OF MEMORY on here since I'm hoping to read it soon (if I'm in the mood for such depth). Awesome list, and Happy New Year!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Premeditated has me intrigued, will read your review. Rainbow R is the ultimate favourite author right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list for contemporary! Some of it are my favorites too! :)

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I APPROVE OF THIS LIST. And especially of Anna and the French Kiss, E&P, IF YOU FIND MEEEEEEEEEEE, These Broken Feels, Cressssssss oh my god, Crown of Midnight, SIEGE. JUST THINKING ABOUT THESE BOOKS MAKES ME DIE A LITTLE. SORRY MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK. BUT NOT REALLY.

    *slowly backs away from the keyboard*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading Anna too, but it didn't make it to my list. Lola and The Distance Between Us are on my list, and Fangirl and Eleanor & Park are at the top of my 2014 TBR list. :)
    Happy New Year! :D
    Top 10 Books I Read in 2013! :)
    One Million Pages

    ReplyDelete
  10. I highly approve of this list, despite doing the top 10 week last week I cheated dividing with debuts and the rest and even then I added 20 tops and some honorable mentions... SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS THIS YEAR!
    Some of your best here are in my TBR list and some are in my "most awaited" list for next year...

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did actually stop at ten (even though I don't know how I managed to choose) and so half of the books on my list are on yours too. So yeah, I definitely approve of this list! I still have SO many on your list I want to read like The Distance Between Us, If You Find Me and Scarlet oh and of course also Into the Still Blue and Cress!!!!!!!!! Since I'm planning to read them next year, I'll probably have an awesome reading year ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOO HOO! You read Anna! This makes me so happy as that is one of my FAVORITE books ever! Great list.

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  13. Obviously I need to read 'Eleanor and Park'. This is like the umpteenth place I've seen this book. :) Will be on my list for 2014. I also still need to read the Veronical Rossi series. I'm so late! Ditto to Scarlet.

    And Graceling! Amazing book! In fact, I loved the whole series. I keep hoping she'll write more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome List!! I LOVED Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, and Fangirl. I also loved Dream Thieves. Several of your other books are on my TBR list as well. I hope you have a wonderful New Years!

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anna and the French Kiss was such an unexpectedly amazing read! I couldn't believe how much I adored it. YESSSSS, Kasie West! Love her books. If You Find Me is onmy list as well! Judith did good in recommending that to me. Even if it did ruin my life >.< Pivot Point *sobs* AND SIEGE AND STORM OHHH YESSSSS. Your list clearly gets my stamp of approval, Gillian XD

    Happy New Year, my lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many books Gillian! So many books! I needs to read like 20 0f them too, which makes me feel like I failed this year. Oh no! But here's to an awesome list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great haul! Lots of amazing books on your list - These Broken Stars made my list too. I really want to read a lot of these, especially Fangirl, Pivot Point, The Archived and the Grisha series. Great picks :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sigh, most of these books are books I loved as well. <3 And you got me to order The Impossible Knife of Memory a few days ago :D Hoping I will love it as well. Thank you for sharing. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anna and the French Kiss <3 Lola and the Boy Next Door <3 Stephanie Perkins <3<3<3 SO AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. THIS LIST!!! Seeing Untold, Graceling, and Crown of Midnight about did my heart in! I can not even begin to describe the amount of love I have for these books in particular (which is why I never ended up reviewing ANY of them...I need to suck it up and write something if I'm going to convince the nonbelievers!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So I clearly failed at 2013 because I only read 3 of the 27 books on your list. Rose Under Fire, Dream Thieves and Siege and Storm. But I loved them all too! I REALLY want Scarlet. And I'm planning a binge read of Rossi's series because that sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)